Join the ESH FAMILY!
As Chair of the Erasmus Sustainability Hub, you will be the face of the organization. Primarily, you will be responsible for the general well-being of the ESH community and in managing the board and the organization. As Chair, you continuously work on the overall strategy of the Hub, and will therefore, need drive and a clear vision to develop a good strategy which takes into account long-term goals. Creating and maintaining strategic partnerships with other associations on campus but also other organizations is also part of your role. You will be expected to enlarge the Hub’s community and network by engaging in various collaborations. Keeping in mind the Hub’s interests, becoming Chair will allow you to explore new ideas regarding furthering the sustainability agenda at the university and to initiate new projects. Overall, you will work closely alongside the Finance and Community Manager to ensure the running and coordination of the Hub as an organization and to engage the community of the Hub.
Additionally, the Chair of ESH will closely supervise and help the Erasmus Sustainability Days team to successfully organize ESD 2022, the biggest ESH event of the year. You will also manage and oversee the activities of the Sustainability Consulting Committee in order to provide effective advice to other organizations and help them become more sustainable in their processes and activities.
Your Tasks & Responsibilities include:
- Being the face of the Hub (university, student associations and external parties)
- Drafting the year plan and the year-long strategy of the Hub, with inputs from the rest of the Board as well
- Leading and maintaining good synergy within the Board, and also throughout the organization
- First contact person for new strategic partnerships with external organizations and enlarging the Hub’s community & network
- Bridging the communication with the supervisory board to ensure organizational development and continuous feedback
- Growing and expanding the reach and impact of the Sustainability Consulting Committee
- Co-organizing the ESD 2022 with the ESD Manager (including holding weekly meetings with the team)
- Conducting office hours and maintaining the Hub office
good-to-Have Traits and SKills:
- Sociable and outgoing
- Can creatively and critically build new partnerships
- Passionate about topics of sustainability
- Proactive, ambitious, and motivated
- A team player and a good communicator
- A good leader who can motivate your team
- Open-minded and curious to learn and to explore new ideas
- Good organization skills and can perform well under pressure
What will you GET OUT OF IT?
- Further sustainability to the next level at the university community
- Build contacts with a diverse range of sustainability initiatives, projects, and stakeholders
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- A rich addition to your portfolio of experiences
- Meet and learn from a diverse community and build connections to last
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter (max. 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1st, 2021, at 23h59.
In your motivation letter, you can indicate a maximum of two board positions that you are interested in. Please provide motivation as to why you are suited to these positions and any other relevant ideas or information you would like us to know.
The approximate working hours as a board member is around 20 hours. However, this is just an estimate and a board position requires immense dedication to spend 20+ hours on this job.
Curious to know more? Contact Amandine, our current Chair: email@example.com
Erasmus SUSTAINABILITY HUB