Join the ESH FAMILY!
ESD MANAGER 2021/2022
As the ESD Manager, you are in charge of organising the Erasmus Sustainability Days conference – the flagship event of the Erasmus Sustainability Hub. As an ESD Manager, you will be a team leader of the ESD committee, meaning that you will be in charge of creating the ESD strategy and long-term work timeline. You will also be in charge of directing and coordinating the team tasks, communicating with the Hub and its various committees and projects, and other tasks which may come your way throughout the organizing period.
This role is very diverse and dynamic with not many static tasks to do, so it is great for people who like to do different things at once! For the conference, you collaborate with a diverse range of external parties, including companies, NGOs, activists, student associations and many more. Ultimately, the aim of ESD is to cover as diverse topics around sustainability as possible and to engage the Erasmus University community on a wide scale. You will work closely with the Chair of ESH to ensure the events align will with the Hub’s overall mission and vision.
Erasmus Sustainability Days 2022 will take place around end of February/beginning of March 2022.
Your Tasks & Responsibilities include:
- Creating and executive the long-term planning strategy for the ESD
- Coordinating and managing the ESD team tasks and ensuring the team communicates well and is motivated
- Co-organizing with the Chair to align the ESD activities with the Hub’s mission and overall strategy
- Work together with other committee leaders, as well as collaborating with various external parties in organizing exciting and engaging ESD events
- Coordinating budgeting and financing activities of the ESD (supported by the Finance and Community Manager)
- Coordinating with marketing strategy and activities of the ESD (supported by the Marketing and Promotion Manager)
- Conducting office hours and maintaining the Hub office
good-to-Have Traits and SKills:
- Self-driven, independent, and assertive
- Creative and engaging
- Passionate about a wide range of sustainability topics
- Proactive, ambitious, and motivated
- A team player and a good communicator
- A good leader who can motivate your team
- Open-minded and curious to learn and to explore new ideas
- Good organization skills and can perform well under pressure
What will you GET OUT OF IT?
- Further sustainability to the next level at the university community
- Gain in-depth knowledge and experience in organizing a large-scale event
- Build contacts with a diverse range of sustainability initiatives, projects, and stakeholders
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- A rich addition to your portfolio of experiences
- Meet and learn from a diverse community and build connections to last
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter (max. 1 page) to email@example.com before May 1st, 2021, at 23h59.
In your motivation letter, you can indicate a maximum of two board positions that you are interested in. Please provide motivation as to why you are suited to these positions and any other relevant ideas or information you would like us to know.
The approximate working hours as a board member is around 20 hours. However, this is just an estimate and a board position requires immense dedication to spend 20+ hours on this job.
Curious to know more? Contact Julia, our current ESD General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Erasmus SUSTAINABILITY HUB
Become THE ESD Manager of ESH