Join the ESHUB FAMILY!
The Fashion Manager of the Hub represents Rethink Apparel, the fashion pillar of the Hub. You are responsible for all fashion-related occurrences in the Hub. As the leader of the Fashion Committee, you will supervise and manage the team’s activities in planning various events and activities throughout the year. As the Fashion Manager, you will use your knowledge and skills to raise awareness about the need for sustainability within the fashion industry and educate others on the environmental and social issues around fashion. Throughout the year you collaborate with a diverse range of external parties, including sustainable fashion designers, other student associations, professors, recycling centres, and more. Ultimately, you help the growth of Rethink Apparel within as well as outside campus and strive to make sustainable fashion more accessible to all.
Examples of the Fashion Committees activities include organizing clothing swaps, showcasing the ever-growing innovative side of the fashion industry (e.g. through fashion shows and exhibitions), advocating for the global movement of Fashion Revolution, and building relationships with external organizations for extending the life of clothes and exchanging relevant and valuable information.
YOUR Main Responsibilities include:
- Managing the Fashion Committee and coordinating its activities
- Overlooking and maintaining the Instagram page of Rethink Apparel
- Organizing all fashion-related events, such as clothing swaps, workshops, lectures, debates, exhibitions, fashion shows, and many more!
- Supervise a transparent flow of clothes which are collected at the Hub, to donation or refugee centres, upcyclers and recyclers, and other parties
- Overlooking the Instagram accounts of Rethink Apparel (@rethinkapparel and @rethink.swap)
- Enabling the long-term growth of Rethink Apparel and the Hub as a whole
- Conducting office hours and maintaining the Hub office
Good-to-have traits and skills:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about sustainable and slow fashion
- Creative and adaptable
- Proactive, ambitious, and motivated
- A team player and a good communicator
- A good leader who can motivate your team
- Open-minded and curious to learn and to explore new ideas
- Good organization skills and can perform well under pressure
What will you get out of it?
- Further sustainability to the next level at the university community
- Gain in-depth knowledge about the short-comings of the fast fashion industry and in turn, the urgent need for sustainability in fashion
- Build contacts within the sustainable fashion network
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- A rich addition to your portfolio of experiences
- Meet and learn from a diverse community and build connections to last
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter (max. 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1st, 2021, at 23h59.
In your motivation letter, you can indicate a maximum of two board positions that you are interested in. Please provide motivation as to why you are suited to these positions and any other relevant ideas or information you would like us to know.
The approximate working hours as a board member is around 20 hours. However, this is just an estimate and a board position requires immense dedication to spend 20+ hours on this job.
Curious to know more? Contact Vappu, our current Fashion Manager: email@example.com
Erasmus SUSTAINABILITY HUB