Join the ESHUB FAMILY!
Shape the future by paving the way!
The Fashion Manager of the Hub owns and is the face of the brand; Rethink Apparel. The aim of Rethink Apparel is to raise awareness about the need for sustainability within the fashion industry through educational events and activities. You must be knowledgeable and invested in the fashion industry, to ensure that your events and online image are up-to-date and accurate.
One of your main tasks is to supervise a committee that raises awareness about environmental and social issues in the fashion industry through events and our online image. As a leader, you must be active, open-minded, and critical. The fashion committee has grown tremendously in the last year, therefore, it is your job to empower your committee members to be creative, independent, and sustainable in all activities. You must also ensure that each committee member has a clear role, and delegate tasks efficiently. The separation of tasks is extremely vital as the activities and events of fashion vary largely. Examples of these include organizing monthly clothing swaps, showcasing the creative side of the fashion industry (e.g. fashion shows and exhibitions), advocating for the global movement of Fashion Revolution, to creating meaningful relationships with parties in NL that we can collaborate with for extending the life of clothes and exchanging information.
Therefore, your role is to manage your committee, collaborate with external parties, supervise the brand’s online image, represent Rethink Apparel at external affairs, organize Fashion Revolution Week, manage the brand’s finances, and welcome new ideas to the table. Moreover, you must ensure that your decisions and activities all contribute to advancing the overall strategy of the Hub. It is your responsibility to engage the campus community to become more conscious consumers, ask critical questions, and solve wicked challenges.
Fashion Manager's Main Responsibilities include:
- Being the face of Rethink Apparel
- Supervising a committee of 6 members and ensuring a positive, fun, and creative work environment
- Overlooking the Instagram of Rethink Apparel
- Collaborating with external parties such as fashion designers, student associations, sustainable fashion brands, professors, researchers, and more
- Organizing monthly clothing swaps and supervise a transparent flow of clothes to donation/refugee centres, upcyclers and recyclers, and other parties (ex: Dress for Success Rotterdam)
- Planning educational events such as interactive exhibitions, panel discussions, film screenings, debates, and more
- Planning artistic events such as fashion shows, exhibitions, and more
- Being a university ambassador for Fashion Revolution week, this entails planning a week full of events and online campaigning
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter (max. 1 page) to email@example.com before May 3rd, 2020, at 23h59.
In your motivation letter, you can indicate a maximum of two board positions that you are interested in. Please provide motivation as to why you are suited to these positions and any other relevant ideas or information you would like us to know.
The approximate working hours as a board member is around 20 hours. However, this is just an estimate and a board position requires immense dedication to spend 20+ hours on this job.
Erasmus SUSTAINABILITY HUB