Join the ESHUB FAMILY!
As Food and Agriculture Manager, you will help manage the largest pillar of the Hub, comprising of the Erasmus Food Lab, the Campus Garden and Beehive (Edible EUR and Bee The Change), the Beyond Me Challenge and the COEX Research Project. Your responsibilities as Food and Agriculture Manager will span across three main areas. First, you will be managing the Food and Agriculture Committees, which organize many events and activities ranging from the Wednesday Workshops, to Food Politics, to the Composting Initiative. Second, you will oversee the project teams of Beyond Me Challenge and COEX. Lastly, you will help the Erasmus Food Lab ensure long-term viability by seeking strategic partnerships and new areas of growth.
As Food and Agriculture Manager, you will have plenty of space to take your own initiative and think creatively, while working closely with the founders of the Erasmus Food Lab and Edible EUR, knowledgeable people with a wealth of experience in the field who you can learn a lot from. If you love food, agriculture, or both, and are up for a board year filled with fun and meaningful work, this is the right position for you!
YOUR Main Responsibilities include:
- Managing the operations of the Food Committee, including hosting events, conducting food-related research activities, and the creation of online content and recipes for the Erasmus Food Lab social media channels and website
- Managing the operations of the Agriculture Committee, including assisting the gardening workshops, maintaining and expanding the compost initiative, expanding awareness of the campus gardens, and the creation of online content for the Edible EUR social media channels
- Overseeing the Beyond Me Challenge and COEX Project teams
- Ensuring the long-term sustainability of Erasmus Food Lab and Edible EUR through new initiatives and aligning food and agriculture activities with the Hub’s overall strategy to support the long-term growth of Hub
- Conducting office hours and maintaining the Hub office
Good-to-have traits and skills:
- A passion for food, agriculture, or both is highly recommended, as it will make your role easier and more fulfilling
- Creative, innovative and strategic mindset
- Proactive, ambitious, and motivated
- A team player and a good communicator
- A good leader who can motivate your team
- Open-minded and curious to learn and to explore new ideas
- Good organization skills and can perform well under pressure
What will you get out of it?
- Further sustainability to the next level at the university community
- Gain in-depth knowledge about issues of sustainability in the food system as well as effective behavioral strategies
- Build your network of people and initiatives in the field of food and agriculture
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- A rich addition to your portfolio of experiences
- Meet and learn from a diverse community and build connections to last
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter (max. 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1st, 2021, at 23h59.
In your motivation letter, you can indicate a maximum of two board positions that you are interested in. Please provide motivation as to why you are suited to these positions and any other relevant ideas or information you would like us to know.
The approximate working hours as a board member is around 20 hours. However, this is just an estimate and a board position requires immense dedication to spend 20+ hours on this job.
Curious to know more? Contact Nigel, our current Food Manager: email@example.com
Erasmus SUSTAINABILITY HUB