Join the ESHUB FAMILY!
As the General Events Manager, you are responsible for organising a range of events within the business and social spectrum of the Erasmus Sustainability Hub. Your task with your committee is to create events and activities such as the career fair, workshops, lectures or debates, that are not covered by the main pillars of the Hub and are mainly based on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). You will be supervising and coordinating your committee’s activities as well as be in charge of creating its year plan and strategy. Throughout the year, you will collaborate with various external parties such as sustainable companies, NGOs, student associations, guest speakers and many more.
In your role as General Events Manager, you will be able to creatively think of new ways to engage the Hub’s community and students of the Erasmus University on a wide range of sustainability topics. Additionally, you will be closely overseeing the PostPlasticGeneration and Alive project teams, providing consulting, hands-on help and making sure the teams are working efficiently and achieve their goals.
YOUR Main Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the activities of and leading the Events Committee
- Managing whole event-development process for a variety of different events, from planning, to running the event, to carrying out post-event evaluations
- Continuously exploring new partnerships to expand on the range of events offered by the Hub
- Overseeing the Post Plastic Generation and Alive project teams
- Aligning the Event Committee activities to the Hub’s overall strategy to support long-term growth of Hub
- Conducting office hours and maintaining the Hub office
good-to-have traits and skills:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about a broad range of sustainability topics
- Proactive, ambitious, and motivated
- A team player and a good communicator
- A good leader who can motivate your team
- Open-minded and curious to learn and to explore new ideas
- Good organization skills and can perform well under pressure
What will you get out of it?
- Further sustainability to the next level at the university community
- Gain knowledge on a broad range of topics of sustainability
- Build contacts with a diverse range of sustainability initiatives, projects, and stakeholders
- Develop your personal and professional skills
- A rich addition to your portfolio of experiences
- Meet and learn from a diverse community and build connections to last
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter (max. 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1st, 2021, at 23h59.
In your motivation letter, you can indicate a maximum of two board positions that you are interested in. Please provide motivation as to why you are suited to these positions and any other relevant ideas or information you would like us to know.
The approximate working hours as a board member is around 20 hours. However, this is just an estimate and a board position requires immense dedication to spend 20+ hours on this job.
Curious to know more? Contact Loïc, our current Events Manager: email@example.com
Erasmus SUSTAINABILITY HUB